The Nexus studio lies at the heart of our productions. It provides the artistic and technical support to realise the vision of our directing talent and craft beautifully executed ideas.
The studio is led by a team of technical directors, animators, designers,coders and artists backed by an animation and VFX pipeline capable of producing multiple high-end 3D projects. It also provides the creative and logistical support to our live-action and stop frame productions.
Our in-house capabilities include: script writing, concept art, character design, pre-viz, 3D animation, stop frame, 2D animation, compositing, CG effects, motion graphics, software development, and stereoscopic delivery. The studio also houses the interactive arts team complementing our filmmaking skill-sets with fast and efficient pipelines for creative development in C++, HTML5, Unity, Android, IOS and other technologies that have a different visual or interactive requirement.
Based in London's Shoreditch district, the 110-seat studio lies in the middle of London's creative and tech hub, giving it access to an amazing community of leading artists and innovative coders.
We're always looking for talented designers, 3D and 2D artists, technical staff, interactive programmers and production people to join us. Browse the openings below and let us know if you'd like to be considered for a position.
Application Deadline: 27th May
Nexus is looking for a motivated and organised Animation Production Manager to join its London studio. They will be working as part of a busy, close-knit production team, co-ordinating all types of animation with opportunities to also work on live action and mixed media projects.
Working closely with the Producers, Studio Manager and animation teams, the Production Manager ensures that projects are on schedule and meeting all production deadlines. They are a key team member, communicating between all parties to ensure smooth running productions.
Required Skills & Experience
- - Minimum 2 years experience in a production company and/or extensive knowledge of animation.
- - Good understanding of the CG animation pipeline and knowledge of other animation pipelines (2D, stop frame, etc).
- - Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, Keynote, F-Track and Shotgun (desirable), and any other similar software that is necessary for the role.
- - Good communication and presentation skills.
- - Team player with attention to detail and an ability to prioritise.
The ideal candidate will be personable and organised, with the ability to remain calm in busy situations, an interest in all aspects of production and the desire to build a career in the industry.
Please send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and Production Manager in the subject line.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Compositing Supervisor. This is a full-time position and will be based at our busy studio in Shoreditch.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be hands-on, supervising compositing work across all jobs within the studio.
- Provide technical guidance and training to those in the team.
- Brief compositors and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency.
- Manage production workflow and pipeline.
- Take ownership and be responsible for the team and quality of the work.
- Have a strong understanding of CG and live action integration within 2D workflow.
- Understand colour pipeline management (luts, neutral grades, DI, etc.).
- Have solid on-set supervision experience.
- Have the ability to provide creative and artistic solutions to compositing challenges.
- Be experienced in project management, balancing quality with time constraints.
- Have strong technical knowledge of both Nuke and After Effects.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your details and a link to your showreel, with the subject heading 'COMPOSITING SUPERVISOR'.
Nexus Productions has recently embarked on an exciting short film project with one of our award-winning live action directors. We are now looking for a superstar Nuke compositor to compliment our small but extremely driven team.
If you're looking for a project on which to make your mark and have the drive to lead a small but dedicated comp team then we want to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will have solid live action/VFX experience either in features or TV. This is a fantastic opportunity to really get stuck in to a genuine creative challenge which is already yielding amazing results! As well as working with a visionary director you'll be working alongside an experienced team of very talented CG artists on beautiful footage featuring a compelling cast.
The VFX will largely involve full body and face replacement. The project will be based at our busy but friendly studio in Shoreditch.
This is a paid role but rates are to be negotiated.
Must be available from 22nd September or thereabouts.
For consideration please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title THE SPACE COMPOSITING