The Nexus studio lies at the heart of our productions. It provides the artistic and technical support to realise the vision of our directing talent and craft beautifully executed ideas.
The studio is led by a team of technical directors, animators, designers,coders and artists backed by an animation and VFX pipeline capable of producing multiple high-end 3D projects. It also provides the creative and logistical support to our live-action and stop frame productions.
Our in-house capabilities include: script writing, concept art, character design, pre-viz, 3D animation, stop frame, 2D animation, compositing, CG effects, motion graphics, software development, and stereoscopic delivery. The studio also houses the interactive arts team complementing our filmmaking skill-sets with fast and efficient pipelines for creative development in C++, HTML5, Unity, Android, IOS and other technologies that have a different visual or interactive requirement.
Based in London's Shoreditch district, the 110-seat studio lies in the middle of London's creative and tech hub, giving it access to an amazing community of leading artists and innovative coders.
We're always looking for talented designers, 3D and 2D artists, technical staff, interactive programmers and production people to join us. Browse the openings below and let us know if you'd like to be considered for a position.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Compositing Supervisor. This is a full-time position and will be based at our busy studio in Shoreditch.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be hands-on, supervising compositing work across all jobs within the studio.
- Provide technical guidance and training to those in the team.
- Brief compositors and provide constructive feedback to ensure consistency.
- Manage production workflow and pipeline.
- Take ownership and be responsible for the team and quality of the work.
- Have a strong understanding of CG and live action integration within 2D workflow.
- Understand colour pipeline management (luts, neutral grades, DI, etc.).
- Have solid on-set supervision experience.
- Have the ability to provide creative and artistic solutions to compositing challenges.
- Be experienced in project management, balancing quality with time constraints.
- Have strong technical knowledge of both Nuke and After Effects.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and a link to your showreel, with the subject heading 'COMPOSITING SUPERVISOR'.